The Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Advocacy Alliance is the nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy arm of Susan G. Komen for Cure. The Alliance is the voice for the 2.5 million breast cancer survivors and those who love them, working to ensure that the fight against breast cancer is a priority among policymakers in Washington, D.C., and every Capitol across the country.
With a network of more than 300,000 Advocates, the Alliance empowers our Advocates to help influence policy that:
- Ensures access to breast screening and treatment for all women
- Maintains breast cancer research as a national priority
- Accelerates the process for delivering scientific discoveries to those who need them while maintaining patient safety
Through the power of our Advocates, the Alliance has helped to:
- Preserve $210 million in federal funding and over $100 million in state funding for life-saving breast screening services
- Increase Federal breast cancer research funding from $30 million to over $970 million in the last 30 years
- Secured passage of oral chemotherapy parity legislation in Connecticut, Illinois, and Texas
While we have made important accomplishments in the fight to end breast cancer, there is still much to do and we can’t do it without your help. Please join the movement of breast cancer survivors and activists committed to making a difference!